No products in the cart.
Our website address is: https://jemsofanatural.com.
If You Are Below the Age of 18
If you are below the age of 18, you must always gain permission from your parent or guardian before you use our website or give Personal Information.
Collection of Information
We collect personally identifiable information, like name and surname, email address, postal and or physical address, mobile phone number, online identifiers and/or date of birth, other information about you from third parties such as social media etc., when voluntarily submitted by our visitors and customers in order to render or complete services to/for you. You warrant that the information you have provided is accurate, current, true and correct and that it does not impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything. The information you provide is used to fulfill your specific request whilst entering into a contract with you. This information is only used to fulfill your specific request and the relevant portions of your information is passed to a third party such as a Courier in order to deliver your order, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner, for example to add you to one of our mailing lists. In summary we process your Personal Information in order to:
- fulfill our contractual obligations to you when you have placed an order or transaction with us, so that we can process the order/transaction, deliver those goods or services to you and process returns where necessary
- communicate with about your order/transaction
- communicate with you providing you information about us, our products and services (current and new), competitions and giveaways, sales and any information that may interest you (you will always have the opportunity to opt out of receiving such information).
- notify you about changes to our products and services, policies and other changes that may impact our products and services or offerings to you.
- undertake research and statistical purposes. The research and statistics processed does not include your Personal Information and cannot be linked to you.
Retention and Restriction of Records
Your Personal Information is kept for as long as:
- it is necessary to uphold the contract between you and us in relation to your order(s).
- we need it to provide our products and services to you.
- it is required or allowed to uphold the contract between you and us.
- you have agreed to us keeping your Personal Information subject to your request for us to stop processing your Personal Information.
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- for users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Your Personal Information will be retained for as long as it is necessary to achieve the purpose for which this information was collected and subsequently processed. If your Personal Information is used for more than one purpose, we will retain it until the purpose with the latest period expires but we will stop using it for the purpose with a shorter period once that period expires.
As mentioned throughout this policy, by accessing and using our website, you consent to us retaining records of your Personal Information for no longer than may be necessary to achieve the purpose for which the information was initially collected or subsequently processed.
Distribution of Information
We may share your Personal Information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
We may also share your Personal Information with
- our employees and third party service providers in order to enable them to assist us to interact with you for the ordering of goods and/or to effect the delivery of products or services to you. They may also liaise with you directly regarding the products or services you have bought from us.
- our service providers (under contract with us) who help with parts of our business operations. Our contracts dictate that these service providers may only use your Personal Information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit or any other purpose and must treat such information as confidential information.
- visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Sending Your Information Outside South Africa
We may transfer certain Personal Information outside the borders of South Africa to service providers for purposes set out above including for data storage and back-up purposes to ensure the integrity of our systems. This is done with assurance that we do so in accordance with the requirements for lawful transfer outside of South Africa as set out in POPI.
By accessing and using our website, you consent to us transferring your Personal Information outside of South Africa as set out in POPI.
Commitment to Data Security
Your Personal Information is kept secure and under control by taking appropriate, reasonable technical and organisational measures to prevent loss of, damage to or unauthorised destruction of Personal Information; and unlawful access to or processing of Personal Information. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
Should you disclose your Personal Information to any third party other than Jems Of A Natural, Jems Of A Natural shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising or suffered by you as a result of the disclosure of such Personal Information to any third party. We do not regulate or control how that third party uses your Personal Information.
You have the right to:
- view, correct and/or amend your Personal Information we process. Please note that as a registered user, you can do this through your user account for the Personal Information reflected therein if this is available on our website.
- request a record or description of your Personal Information. Jems Of A Natural may charge a fee in order to provide you with this record of your Personal Information. Where requests to access and amend your Personal Information are manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive Jems Of A Natural may charge an additional administrative fee or refuse the request.
- request to have your Personal Information corrected, destroyed or deleted. If deleted, Jems Of A Natural will retain your Personal Information subject to any legislative requirement and/or our internal retention policy.
- us complying with your requests upon receipt unless we have credible reason why we cannot comply.
- inform you if reasonably practicable, should we change your Personal Information and this has an impact on decisions about you.
- notify you of the action taken by us because of your request.
- notify you of unauthorised access to your Personal Information.
- provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request.
- Submit a complaint to the Information Regulator.
Privacy in Relation to Comments and Media left on Our Site
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Privacy Contact Information
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Phone: 063 249 6497
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. Any changes to this policy will be posted.
30 June 2021